Thursday, April 3, 2008

2008 "Blood on My Jacket"



"Blood on My Jacket" 30 inches x 40 inches, oil and nails After a friend of mine had an accident on his motorcylce, I found the name for this painting. I was in the process of making it for him. We spent 7 hours in ER waiting to see if he was okay and I kept up with his black leather jacket and other stuff. It dawned on me when I saw the blood on his jacket that it was the same blood color he had asked me to put in this painting I was making for him. Thankfully he was fine and only suffered scraps, bruises, and a slight concussion. To GrandMaster M...!




Closeup - You'll notice the nails in the black background. Also I sliced into the canvas (Fontaine style) and painted the back of the canvas red so it was show through. I wanted a shine for the black so I used oil to achieve that affect, instead of using acrylics.

No comments:

Post a Comment