Friday, November 16, 2007

2007 "Drifting"





Drifting 28 x 30 inches acrylics, black gesso and nails Nov. 2007
Another painting for a friend. He had an accident with his car the reason I'm calling this one Drifting. I can't give more details than that really. Let's just say the story is really funny. I laughed for 5 minutes when he told it to me, and swore it has to go into one of my stories I may write. :P
I love this painting just cause I got nails in it. When I added the large black horizontal lines with the black gesso, I was able to use tweezers to place or carefully squeeze the nails dipped in paint into the wet paint.
This is another painting using the Om symbol. For more info, go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aum I did one for myself that has this symbol.




Closeup photo of the Drifting painting. You can see the red lines that are red nails. I actually used some of nails without paint on the left side. It gives an effect for the red lines like they are dancing off the canvas or into a curb.

No comments:

Post a Comment