Friday, February 15, 2008

Finally Back to Normal (Knee Recovered)

Finally my knee is healed and I feel back to normal, three months after surgery Oct. 18th. I got released from physical therapy this week and I can start looking around for a gym to continue exercising. I still have some tenderness in my knee cap now and then, a little stiffness if I walk all day long. But that is really fine. I can deal with some uncomfortableness now and then. I'll continue to work with it and soon I'll be back to climbing hills on my next hiking vacation. :)

I tested my bravery a few times this month as I started to feel more confident. I visited one of our local museums and climbed the flight of stairs to the second floor, something I couldn't attempt a month ago. I know how silly that may sound. Climbing or walking down stairs would be an obstacle? But when your knee is weakened from orthoscopic surgery, all bets to performing normally are null and void. I went back to the museum to see an exhibit you could walk into by Yves Klein. I put on the surgical tissue shoe covers and trodded right in. Victory #2!

I had declined doing this the first time I visited the Abstract Expressionist exhibit. My third victory came when I was invited to ride a friend's new motorcycle. I have been on 1 bike in my life. I was having a rather bad day mood wise so the ride was exhilirating! It was a little later that I realized that I had been able to bend my legs, jump on the bike, and fly off into the crisp Texas winter weather without a care or worry about my left knee. That was I great feeling! I think we can safely say (hopefully) that I have recovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment