Saturday, November 24, 2007

IPhone testing 1 2 3

I got an iPhone recently, an early Christmas present that I am really enjoying this Thanksgiving Day weekend, even at the risk of boring my family to tears. At the moment, I can't sleep - too much turkey and cherry pie buzzing round in my tummy - so I'm composing this article at lightening touchpad speed on the touch keyboard with about an inch of viewable screen to work in.

Ah, such is the life of a techy gadget nerd I suppose. Is there a feminine noun for nerd? Nerdess? I'm waiting to see if the helpful little popup balloon text tool help will correct me. I so don't care for that feature. I was trying to type "woot" in a text message to a friend the other day and Mr. Iphone spelling wizard changes it to "wood". It made no sense. Stupid phone.

Aside from that one thing, I simply love my new gadget! I can do a lot of things I usually have to pull my laptop out to do. Now granted for work, the laptop comes out. But for basic little, everyday tasks, this new device is a dream! With the iPhone I can email, call or text message friends.

This weekend perhaps I've practiced that a bit too much at my friends' expense. I can take photos and email them or set up a new wallpaper or attach it to a contact. I've been listening to my iTunes, watching videos- not sure if I can record any yet- and oh yes, I can check the weather or surf youtube.

Oh and the somewhat useful fun I just love to bug people with is my keeping track of the weather. You can set up several locations so you can keep track of what the weather is in say Dallas, Tx, Cairo, Egypt, New York or Paris. I'm asking relatives if they want to know what the weather is in Cairo. And I'm getting an emphatic, "No!" They just don't understand :) It has a world clock too. Such silliness but I love it! I'm so connected :P If you get an opportunity, I'd so say you need to pled, beg, demand one of these from Santa!

No comments:

Post a Comment